The Goderich Triathlon is an annual multi-sport event held in the beautiful town of Goderich, Ontario. The event takes place on the main beach, situated on Lake Huron. See Location for map and directions to the Goderich and the main beach.
Timing chips will be used to track overall and split times for all event types.
|Event Type||Distances||Fee (Until June 30th)||Fee (After June 30th)|
|Olympic Triathlon – Solo||Swim: 1000m (Open Water) Bike: 42.5km Course Details Run: 10km||$75||$85|
|Olympic Triathlon – Relay||Swim: 1000m (Open Water) Bike: 42.5km Course Details Run: 10km||$105||$115|
|Sprint Triathlon||Swim: 500m (Open Water) Bike: 28km Course Details Run: 5km||$70||$80|
|Sprint Duathlon||Run: 5km* Bike: 28km Course Details Run: 2.5km||$70||$80|
Please see Rules and Regulations for race rules and regulations.
Pre-race Kit pickup -> Saturday, August 18th, 2018 – Location: YMCA Goderich
You may also pickup your race kit on race day at the registration tent, but it is suggested to get it Saturday if possible to avoid any delays on race day.
- 10:00 am to 12:00pm
- Race check-in opens (get bibs and race package)
YMCA Goderich (Main Lobby) – Map
190 Suncoast Drive, East
Goderich, Ontario. N7A 4N4
Sunday, August 19th, 2018 – Location: Main Beach
**** All participants including those in the Sprint Triathlon and Duathlon events are advised to arrive between 6am and 7:15am as you’ll need to sign a waiver, get bib, chip and markings. We advise arriving as early as possible however to account for possible delays in the check-in process. Even if you have checked-in the day prior, you still need to get a timing chip and markings the day of the race.
- Transition area open to participants
- Race check-in opens at main beach event area (bibs, chips, race package and markings)
- 7:40am: Race Day Check-in closes
- 7:45am: Pre-race Brief
- 8:00am (sharp) : Olympic Triathlon Solo – Race Start
- 8:05am (sharp): Olympic Triathlon Relay- Race Start
- 8:25am (sharp): Sprint Duathlon – Race Start
- 8:30am (sharp): Sprint Triathlon – Race Start
- 10:30am to 12:30pm: Post race awards and celebration.
- Post race Lunch and Beverage will be provided to participants (included as part of the registration fee).
- Also food vendors will be onsite for spectators to purchase food and drinks (both pre and post race options available).
- 15 to 19
- 20 to 29
- 30 to 39
- 40 to 49
- 50 to 59
- Top 3 finishers in each Age group
- Relay – Top 3 teams (15-59 combined avg age)
- Relay – Top finishing team (60+ combined avg age)